In 1952 a group of theatre lovers banded together to establish Lawton's first theatre group named "The Vagabond Playhouse." They met, rehearsed, and performed in schools, churches and backyards, wherever space was available. They performed their first production, "The Night of January 16th", in December of 1952 in the Emerson Elementary School Auditorium. In January of 1953, the group, whose charter membership was now over 90 strong, met and ratified a constitution and a new name, "The Lawton Little Theatre."
To promote live theatre and enrich the quality of life in Southwest Oklahoma.